Friday, September 16, 2011

Simple and plain generosity / Pura generosidad

Some time ago, after one of my designs was published in Ravelry, a very lovely lady called Nina contacted me, saying that she loved my work and that she wanted to dye some yarn for me...
I though she wanted me to design with her yarn, and unfortunately, since I had already a tight schedule for my knits, I explained to her that I wasn't going to be able to do it...

Hace un tiempo, luego de que uno de mis diseños fuera publicado en Ravelry, una señora muy amorosa llamada Ninca, me contactó diciendo que le encantaba mi trabajo y que qerría teñir algo de hilado para mí...
Creí que quería que diseñara con ella, y lamentablemente, ya que tengo un itinerario bastante ajustado para lo que tengo que tejer, le expliqué que no iba a poder hacerlo...


Oh no! -she said- I just want you to have it and enjoy it.
Can you believe it? This woman is amazing.
She asked me what my favorite colors were and then she created some yarn especially for me...
The fabulous yarn she sent arrived yesterday by mail. And it was absolutely breathtaking! So let's show some pictures.

Oh no! -dijo- Sólo quiero que le tengas y las disfrutes.
Pueden creerlo? Esta señora es un amor!
Me preguntó cuáles eran mis colores favoritos, y luego creó un hilado espacialmente para mí.
La lana fabulosa que me mandó llegó ayer por correo. Y me qitó el aliento! Así que mostremos algunas fotos...


Check out these purples.
Miren estos violetas.



And she also sent some beyond cute stitch markers.
Y también mandó unos marcadores de punto de lo más amorosos.



You can't imagine how big this is! Compare it with my hand...
No se imaginan lo grande que es esto! Compárenlo con mi mano...



Still can't see how big this is? Compare it with my son! Sebi loved it too...
Todavía no se dan cuenta de lo grande que es no? Compárenlo con mi hijo! A Sebi le encantó...




Her shop is Called Fiber Art Work, and she does all kinds of stuff, including custom dye orders.
Check out her Ravelry group: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/fiber-art-work-2
And her facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fiber-Art-Work/174309599273679

Su negocio se llama Fiber Art Work, y hace todo tipo de trabajos, incluso teñidos a pedido.
Pueden visitar su grupo en ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/fiber-art-work-2
Y su perfil de facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fiber-Art-Work/174309599273679


Thank you Nina!!!! I am absolutely spoiled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think that's the largest skein I ever saw. Acts like this gives me back my faith in humanity.